Create your own Pencil-thin Mustache in 6 steps!
1. Give yourself a nice even mustache by using your full-size trimmer to trim your entire face to around 1/8 to 1/5 of an inch.
2. Now, with a precision trimmer, trim your mustache using a low length setting to less than .1 inch. Define the edges to roughly a quarter-inch thick with the mini trimmer.
3. With the mini trimmer, create a downward diagonal line from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
4. Repeat step 3 but lower your mini trimmer by about 1/8 of an inch to leave a precise, thin strip of hair that angles down from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
5. Borrow an eyebrow pencil from your girlfriend or mother to fill in any gaps or missteps.
6. Using steady pressure, and a gentle, circular motion, give your cheeks, chin and neck a close shave with your Philips Norelco rotary shaver.
Styling/maintenance your Pencil-thin Mustache
This mustache requires a daily close trimming and shaving. On the plus side, once you’ve grown it in properly you won’t have to wear make-up to cover up any blunders.
In like Flynn
If you’re lacking in class and sophistication a Pencil-thin Mustache could be the answer. They hark back to an era when men were gentleman and life was simpler… especially if you knew how to tap-dance. All the greats wore them: Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, and David Niven - the list goes on…
The Pencil-thin Mustache is great for round, square and oval faces, BUT be warned – wear a Pencil-thin Mustache with a t-shirt and you’ll look like a petty criminal. It’s not the face that has to be right for a Pencil-thin; it’s the wardrobe.