This privacy notice ("Privacy Notice") applies to the pages on Facebook that are controlled by or under the control of Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or any of its subsidiaries (”Philips” and "Philips Pages"). Philips believes strongly in protecting the privacy of the personal data you share with us. We also believe it is important to inform you about how we will use your personal data. Therefore, we encourage you to read this Privacy Notice carefully.
This Privacy Notice applies in addition to any Facebook terms and conditions and other policies of Facebook. You should carefully review the Facebook terms and conditions and other policies of Facebook, as they may differ from this Privacy Notice. Please note that when you leave this Philips Page (including when you go to other pages on Facebook), this Privacy Notice no longer applies.
Who is responsible for your information?
The Philips entity that controls the Philips Page and as mentioned on the "Info" tab is responsible for the collection and processing of personal data via the Philips Page.
Why do we collect your personal data?
When you communicate with us via the Philips Page (for instance when you leave a comment, upload a picture or other content, send us a personal message or become a fan) we may receive some personal information about you such as your (user) name, your profile photo, your e-mail address, and your gender. This information enables Philips to:
- offer you the Philips Page, including all of its services and features;
- communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests, or, if you choose to receive such information, to inform you about Philips products and services;
- administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or features that are provided via the Philips Page;
- offer you any applications made available via the Philips Page; or
- perform (aggregate) market analysis and research to improve our business.
How we collect your personal data
You can share your personal data with us in a number of ways, for instance by:
- becoming a fan;
- leaving comments via postings on the Philips Page
- uploading content to the Philips Page;
- sending (direct) messages via the Philips Page;
- entering a contest or competition, or participating in a promotion;
- using an application made available by Philips via the Philips Page;
- subscribing to a newsletter; or
- completing a registration form.
How do we share your personal data?
Philips may share your personal data with third party service providers or agents to perform certain processing activities on behalf of Philips. Philips will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal data to third parties allowing them to use your personal data for their own purposes. Philips requires these service providers to protect your personal data diligently.
Philips sometimes sells (part of) a business to another company. Where such business relates to Philips Pages, such transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal data to the new owner.
Finally, we may release your personal data if so required by law, to prevent or combat fraud, for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances outweighs your privacy interests, such as the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
If you choose to use or interact via the Philips Page, you allow Philips and our agents to collect, store, use, disclose, and otherwise process your personal data in connection with the purposes as described above.
Communication from Philips
If you click on the "like" button on a Philips Page, you become a fan of that Philips Page. By becoming a fan of the Philips Page, you may receive messages that Philips post on the Philips Page in your newsfeed.
If you do not wish to have such messages appear in you newsfeed, you can hide a particular message or all messages of that the particular Philips Page by clicking on the option next to a message from Philips. Also, you can "unlike" a particular Philips Page, by clicking on the "unlike" button on that Philips Page. Please note that by unliking a Philips Page you will no longer be a fan of the Philips Page.
We would also like to send you information about Philips products and services that may interest you by means of e.g. direct messages, e-mail, post, or other communication channels, but we will only do so if you specifically consent to receive such communications from us. How? [De Brauw: by providing visitors an opt-in, for example via an application. Should you wish to receive further advice on this subject, please do not hesitate to get in touch.] Please be informed that your decision not to opt-in now, will not affect your communication preferences already shared with us earlier while using different contact data or a different user account.
You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any further communication from Philips by clicking the unsubscribe option on the footer of direct messages or e-mails sent by Philips. Please note, if you have unsubscribed from any Philips communications, due to the processing time and production schedules, you may still receive communications already in production.
Cookies and website tracking
When you visit the Philips Page to browse, read, or download information, we may collect and store some "visitor information" from you, such as the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the date and time you accessed this Philips Page, and the Internet address of the website or webpage from which you linked directly to this Philips Page. We use this information to measure the traffic on the Philips Page and to help us make it more useful.
How do we protect your data?
We recognize our responsibility to protect the information you entrust to us. We protect your personal data with a variety of security measures. This may include using secure servers, firewalls, encryption of data and restricting access to your personal data. We will not store or retain your Personal Data for any longer period than necessary for the purpose for which they were received, and to which we are permitted under applicable law.
Transfer of data
You should be aware that the Philips Pages may be controlled and maintained by Philips companies around the world. As a consequence your personal data may be transferred within the Philips group of companies. Please note that some countries do not provide for an adequate level of protection of your personal data. However, you can be assured that Philips has taken adequate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data.
We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children. While Philips Pages on Facebook are generally not specifically targeted at children, it is Philips' policy to comply with the law when it requires that a parent's or guardian's permission is secured before knowingly collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under the age of thirteen. However, in case we need to communicate with a child, we will endeavor to give the parents or legal guardians a reasonable opportunity to consent before we use the personal data of the child, except where we merely answer the child’s question or service the child’s request.
Privacy Notice changes
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We therefore encourage you to refer to this Privacy Notice on an ongoing basis. This Privacy Notice was first created on 1 June 2011.
Please send your questions and comments about privacy to Philips_Privacy_Office@philips.com. Furthermore, you can at all times request access to your personal information and request rectification and/or deletion of your data in case these data are not correct or irrelevant for the mentioned purposes. For these purposes you can contact the Philips Privacy Office at Philips_Privacy_Office@philips.com, mentioning your name, company (if applicable) and address.
House rules for the Philips Facebook pages
We encourage you to check out all features of these Philips Pages, participate in discussions, promotions and interact with Philips and other users. Please note that your use of and interaction with Philips Pages is subject to these Philips House Rules and the Philips Privacy Notice, and by using and interacting with the Philips Pages you agree to their applicability. When you leave these Philips Pages (including when you go to other pages on Facebook) the Philips House Rules and the Philips Privacy Notice no longer apply.
Philips Pages are part of Facebook. The Philips House Rules and the Philips Privacy Notice apply in addition to the Facebook Terms and Conditions of Use and other Facebook policies, and may even be different. Please carefully review the Philips House Rules, Philips Privacy Notice and Facebook Terms and Conditions and Facebook policies.
We may change the Philips House Rules from time to time, and those changes will be effective upon posting. We advise you to regularly check the Philips House Rules and the Philips Privacy Notice for possible changes.
We encourage you to upload or otherwise provide User-Generated Content to the Philips Pages. However, Philips requests that you do so only in accordance with these Philips House Rules. When you upload or otherwise provide User-Generated Content to the Philips Pages, you are warranting that you are entitled and authorized to do so. Please do not upload or otherwise provide User-Generated Content that you do not own or that may infringe upon the rights of others, such as intellectual property rights or data protection rights.
User-Generated Content that you upload or otherwise provide to the Philips Pages must not:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- violate any applicable laws, regulations, licences, or third party rights;
- be harmful, threatening, defamatory, infringing, harassing or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive;
- facilitate illegal activity;
- depict sexually explicit images;
- promote violence;
- be discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation and/or disability;
- cause damage or injury to any person or property; or
- interfere in any way with the proper working of the Philips Pages.
Philips has the right to remove any User-Generated Content for any reason and without explanation. Philips may remove User-Generated Content if Philips believes it does not comply with the Philips House Rules. Please note that Philips may report possible offences to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with such authorities by disclosing your identity to them, as required by law. Philips also reserves the right to disclose your identity to a third party claiming that the User-Generated Content posted or uploaded by you to the Philips Pages violates their intellectual property rights or data protection rights.
You agree to indemnify Philips against all actions resulting from User-Generated Content that you have uploaded or otherwise provided to the Philips Pages, that infringe upon the (intellectual property or privacy) rights of any third party or that is otherwise unlawful towards a third party.
Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the Philips Pages and the Philips Content are owned by Philips. If you post or upload User-Generated Content on the Philips Pages or send User-Generated Content to Philips by email or otherwise, you allow Philips to use, copy and/or commercially exploit such User Generated Content free of charge. Philips shall not be bound by any confidentiality obligation with respect to User-Generated Content.
Philips provides the Philips Pages for you to interact with Philips and other users, and to provide you with information about Philips, its products and promotions. Philips makes every effort to provide you with content that is accurate, up to date and complete. All Philips Content is provided for your information "as is" and Philips does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience resulting from Philips Content or User-Generated Content. Likewise, Philips does not take responsibility or assume liability for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication, including damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Contest, Promotion & Sweepstake Rules
Philips regularly organises contests, promotions and sweepstakes (“Promotion(s)”) on the Philips Pages. Facebook is not associated with, nor sponsors, endorses or administers Promotions. The following Philips Promotion rules apply to all Philips Promotions. Please note that additional, specific rules apply to each Promotion regarding the start and closing dates of the Promotion and/or registration, overview of prizes (including the value), number and dates of draws and/or selection of winners, selection process, and information on communication with winners. Those specific Philips Promotion rules will be set out in the registration form to participate in the respective Philips Promotion.
- Promotions are made available via an application on the Philips Pages. This application contains a registration form, which requires you to provide personal information, such as your Facebook username and your email address, in order for you to take part in the Philips Promotion.
- Please read the specific Philips Promotion rules [on the registration form] carefully. Your registration for a Philips Promotion is complete after agreeing to the Philips House Rules, these (general) Promotion rules, and any additional, or specific Promotion rules, applicable to the Promotion you are registering for.
- Purchase of Philips products is not required to participate in a Philips Promotion. Participation is free of charge and open: (a) to individuals who are at least 18 years of age, and (b) to individuals who are legal residents of countries that allow participation under their national laws. Participation is void for residents of countries where participation is prohibited.
- The content that you upload or provide to Philips for the purpose of participating in the Promotion is regarded as User-Generated Content, to which these Philips House Rules apply.
- The Philips Privacy Notice applies to all personal information that you provide to Philips for the purpose of participating in a Promotion. You also agree that Philips may contact you about the Promotion you participated in;
- Promotion prizes awarded are awarded by Philips at Philips’ sole discretion. Promotion prizes may not be exchanged for money. If the prize is a Philips product, the product shall be provided with the regular product warranty.
- If you fail to comply with any of the specific or general Promotion rules, you will be disqualified from taking part in the Promotion.
- You cannot hold Philips (or any third party acting on behalf of Philips in relation to Promotions) or Facebook liable for any loss, injury or inconvenience resulting from participating in a Philips Promotion or (use of) any prize awarded.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Philips House Rules shall be exclusively governed by Dutch law. All disputes arising in connection with these Philips House Rules, including but not limited to disputes concerning the existence and validity thereof, shall be resolved by the competent courts of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The Philips Pages are provided to you by:
Philips Consumer Lifestyle B.V.
High Tech Campus 37
5656 AE, Eindhoven
Trade Register No 17066875
VAT Number NL009807184B01
For any remarks in relation to the Philips Facebook website please send an email to: socialmediaCL@philips.com