Create your own Pencil-thin Mustache in 6 steps!
- Give yourself a nice even mustache by using your full-size trimmer to trim your entire face to around 3-5mm.
- Now, with a precision trimmer, trim your mustache using a low length setting to about 1 – 2mm. Define the edges to roughly a quarter-inch thick with the mini trimmer.
- With the mini trimmer, create a downward diagonal line from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Repeat step 3 but lower your mini trimmer by a few millimeters to leave a precise, thin strip of hair that angles down from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Borrow an eyebrow pencil from your girlfriend or mother to fill in any gaps or missteps.
- Using steady pressure, and a gentle, circular motion, give your cheeks, chin and neck a close shave with your Philips rotary shaver.
Styling/maintenance your Pencil-thin Mustache
This mustache requires a daily close trimming and shaving. On the plus side, once you’ve grown it in properly you won’t have to wear make-up to cover up any blunders.
In like Flynn
If you’re lacking in class and sophistication a Pencil-thin Mustache could be the answer. They hark back to an era when men were gentleman and life was simpler… especially if you knew how to tap-dance. All the greats wore them: Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, and David Niven - the list goes on…
The Pencil-thin Mustache is great for round, square and oval faces, BUT be warned – wear a Pencil-thin Mustache with a t-shirt and you’ll look like a petty criminal. It’s not the face that has to be right for a Pencil-thin; it’s the wardrobe.