Innovative cardiology solutions help deliver better care for more patients, respond to biggest challenges facing cardiologists
Andover, MA – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced its presence at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress 2014, where the company is highlighting the full range of its cardiology solutions serving clinicians and patients across the care continuum from prevention and diagnosis, to treatment, recovery and wellness. Visitors to the Philips booth (#F500) will experience Philips' new Cardiology Solutions approach, enabling clinicians and health systems to deliver better cardiovascular care for more patients, at lower a cost, in the treatment of coronary artery disease, structural heart disease, and heart failure.
Philips Cardiology Solutions meet the needs of clinicians who are at the center of the cardiovascular care. Philips' breadth of diagnostic and treatment solutions offer real-time tools to connect patient information with clinician knowledge, resulting in more personalized care, while innovations for recovery and wellness provide a safer transition from hospital to home.
"Interventional cardiology is continuously innovating new procedures to improve the lives of patients around the world," said Gene Saragnese, CEO of Imaging Systems for Philips Healthcare. "Our cardiology solutions approach unlocks the data and insights necessary to improve efficiency in interventional cardiology, and together with our global customers and partners, we're creating care delivery to optimally support clinicians and patients."
One of the leading global conferences on cardiovascular care, the ESC Congress 2014 will showcase the industry's most promising research and leading innovations. Throughout the event, Philips and physician partners will be participating in several symposia and presentations on topics including big data in cardiology and anatomical intelligence.
On Saturday, August 30th, Philips' newest ultrasound system will make its worldwide debut, with an unveiling at the Philips Booth (#F500) at 4 p.m. CET. Beginning August 30th and running through September 3rd at the ESC Congress 2014, Philips will also offer demonstrations of its advanced imaging and ultrasound solutions designed for every step of the patient journey, including:
Screening and Diagnosis
- ST80i ECG Stress Testing System – Manages patient information from start to finish through bi-directional network connectivity and turns stress ECG data into actionable insights.
- Philips IntelliSpace ECG – A multi-modality, multi-vendor, scalable ECG management system, providing access to patient data for review of time-sensitive ECGs on a smartphone, to help improve patient care through comprehensive and flexible workflow management.
- Xcelera Image Management System – Integrated, multi-modality image management system for cardiovascular information offering access to multiple applications within a single flexible workspace for use in multiple locations and across multi-sites.
- IntelliSpace Portal with TAVI package – Quickly assesses the aortic root anatomy for pre-TAVI planning and obtains crucial information about eligibility, proper device size, and a recommendation for C-arm angle for device deployment.
- EPIQ Ultrasound – Philips' most powerful architecture ever applied to ultrasound imaging.
- Allura Clarity with ClarityIQ – Industry-leading interventional X-ray system offering high image quality at a low [X-ray] dose.
- EchoNavigator R2 with Image Fusion – Fuses live X-ray and live echo for intuitive, live image guidance during structural heart disease procedures.
- Hybrid OR – Provides the ability to seamlessly perform a wide range of open and minimally invasive procedures in a single room.
- Heart Navigator – Supports structural heart disease procedures by simplifying planning, device and projection angle selection and providing live image guidance to support device positioning.
Recovery and Care Management
- Q-Station, with anatomical intelligence tools – Streamlines ultrasound data management and performs advanced visualization, analysis and quantification of Philips echo data.
- Motiva mobile – A content rich and interactive telehealth platform that is part of the Chronic Ambulatory Care program (eCAC), specifically designed to help empower chronically ill patients to effectively manage their disease state.
For more information on Philips presence at the ESC Congress 2014, please visit https://www.philips.com/esc, follow the #ESCcongress conversation @PhilipsHealth and continue the conversation via the Philips LinkedIn Innovations in Cardiology Group.