- The integration of imaging data with clinical informatics and advanced analytics to drive actionable insights to improve outcomes for patients with cardiovascular diseases
- Philips Azurion, recently launched next generation image-guided therapy platform, allows clinicians to easily and confidently perform a wide range of routine and complex procedures, helping them to optimize interventional lab performance and provide superior care
- New groundbreaking iFR outcome results with the potential to shape revascularization guidelines to be presented during ACC.17
- Philips’ next generation Live 3D TEE ultrasound transducer to deliver fast, easy and confident transthoracic and transesophageal echo
Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Washington, D.C – At the 2017 American College of Cardiology’s Annual Scientific Session & Expo (ACC.17), Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) will showcase a broad range of integrated, patient-centric solutions designed to address the prevention, diagnosis, minimally invasive treatment and chronic care at home of cardiac conditions. As a global leader in health technology, Philips will demonstrate how its suite of cardiology solutions comprising imaging systems, smart devices, clinical informatics and services, help transform care pathways and provide clinical insights that contribute to life-changing opportunities.
With a continued shift away from fee-for-service payment models and transition from volume to value-based care, healthcare organizations are challenged to help prevent and reduce costs while improving the quality of care. At ACC.17, Philips will demonstrate how its comprehensive suite of cardiology solutions enable hospitals to reduce system response and streamline processes to improve the management of cardiac patients in emergency situations. By enabling seamless communication across the health continuum, from home to hospital and back, Philips is bridging the gap in patient flow before entrance to the hospital and after discharge, which is critical to reducing costs and achieving optimal outcomes for patients.
“As a focused leader in health technology, Philips aims to provide integrated solutions across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and after care at home, in order to combat the rising incidence of chronic diseases such as those caused by cardiovascular conditions,” said Bert van Meurs, Business Leader, Image Guided Therapy. “We offer a broad portfolio of innovative solutions to optimize the image-guided minimally invasive treatment of cardiovascular conditions, while managing costs.”
Philips will exhibit the company’s advanced, connected health offerings in the cardiology space at ACC.17, including:
- Azurion – Philips’ recently launched, next generation image-guided therapy platform allows clinicians to easily and confidently perform a wide range of routine and complex procedures, helping them to optimize interventional lab performance and provide superior care. Azurion is powered by ConnectOS, a new operating system that provides a seamless integration of real-time information from all relevant technologies in the interventional lab. ACC.17 attendees will have one of the first opportunities to interact with Azurion firsthand.
- Evolution 3.0 – Philips introduces the X8-2t Live 3D TEE transducer, which allows for new levels of Live 3D imaging bringing the next generation of 3D TEE features, including a new acoustic design with higher frequencies and bandwidth to provide increased resolution and tissue filling. Fast, easy and confident transthoracic and transesophageal echo allows clinicians to diagnose surgical pathology in real time.
- HeartModelAI – Philips’ premier Anatomical Intelligence Ultrasound (AIUS) application brings advanced automated quantification, 3D views, robust reproducibility and significant time-savings to echocardiography quantification. Results of a multi-center study validating the robustness of Philips HeartModelAI were recently published in the European Heart Journal.
- IntelliSpace Cardiovascular – Provides access to advanced cardiovascular informatics applications, brings multi-modality images and clinical tools together in a single workspace for integrated clinical decision support. It seamlessly integrates with IntelliSpace Portal advanced visualization solution, IntelliSpace ECG data management solution, and the Philips Xper Information Management cath lab workflow solution.
- DreamStation BiPAP autoSV Advanced – Designed to deliver optimal ventilation with minimal intervention for patients with central sleep apnea, complex sleep apnea and periodic breathing. Philips’ clinically proven algorithm provides support when needed to help reduce events and normalize ventilation and works with the patient’s breathing pattern to minimize applied pressure, pressure support and machine breaths which can help patients experience comfortable, restful sleep.