Moving from reactive to proactive care
Philips integrated solutions feature smart enterprise systems, devices, software and services that bring together patient population data to help drive a more proactive approach to care. Data-driven actionable insights leveraging AI help enable precision diagnosis and standardization of care across the enterprise and improve workflows. Visitors to the Philips Booth (#2101) at HIMSS will experience a full suite of integrated technology solutions ranging from advanced wireless biosensors, monitoring systems and AI enabled clinical decision support, to advanced out of hospital solutions and critical enterprise imaging data consolidated across radiology, cardiology, oncology and pathology. The Philips connected care experience highlighted at HIMSS is focused on critical solutions across key areas including:
In the hospital – solutions manage vast amounts of patient-generated health data, integrating information within the EHR, leveraging predictive analytics to help drive better informed care decisions. Solutions include:
- Philips IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition – managed service informatics solution to enable data integration across the enterprise for more confident informed decisions and improve patient care and staff experience with more streamlined workflows.
- Philips eICU – a scalable, centralized tele-ICU solution combining A/V technology, predictive analytics, data visualization and advanced reporting to extend critical care resources to the bedside via technology regardless of location.
- Philips Interoperability Solutions – open standards-based interoperability software solutions for fast and flawless data flows between medical systems and information sources at departmental and enterprise levels, and Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) across health systems.
- Philips PerformanceBridge – vendor agnostic, integrated, scalable portfolio of services, tools, and support to empower hospital departments with real-time information to improve performance and build a program for continuous improvement.
- Philips Patient Information Center iX – central station that includes Data Warehouse Connect, a continuous, high-resolution data-capture and storage solution that allows organizations to leverage rich data sets to execute quality-improvement programs, boost operational efficiency and conduct cutting-edge research.
Precision Diagnosis – enables clinicians to access data from disparate sources in a holistic view to deliver information enhanced by AI applications for more confident diagnoses. Solutions include:
- Philips IntelliSpace Precision Medicine – cloud-based platform brings together actionable clinical patient information from disparate data sources, intelligently organized across rich dashboards to facilitate collaborative diagnostic treatment and follow-up decisions by Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards via Dana-Farber Oncology Pathways, Genomic Bioinformatics and Interpretation, Clinical Trial Matching and Clinical Dashboards.
- IntelliSite Pathology Solution – highly scalable solution enhances productivity with high-resolution digital images, collaborative features and case management tools, designed to support clinical practice, improve patient care and reduce costs.
- Illumeo with Adaptive Intelligence - introduces a new paradigm of clinically intelligent software designed to changes how clinicians see, seek and share information by providing a tailored workflow experience which adapts to preferences and patient context.
- IntelliSpace Portal – comprehensive visualization platform provides advanced analysis tools particularly helpful for complex cases to enhance confident diagnosis.
In the home – integrated solutions enable remote monitoring and connected care for patients in their preferred setting empowering them at home with medical devices, applications and tools to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. Solutions include:
- Philips COPD pathway management - analytics to identify at-risk populations, combined with care management programs and connected devices, applications and monitoring that help manage COPD patients at home to reduce COPD readmissions and the total cost of care.
- Philips Aging and Caregiving – the Philips Cares digital experience exposes, organizes and connects care across a network of informal and formal caregivers, analytics and services to support those on the aging journey.
Care Management – advanced technology aggregates and analyzes data to bridge the gap between acute and home-based care, supporting patients with programs to deliver the right care at the right time in the most appropriate and lowest care settings. Solutions include:
- Philips Population Health – extends care outside the hospital with collaborative health management via a connected, data-driven ecosystem to help enable virtual patient care to engage and activate patients, analyze outcomes and transform care.
- Connected devices, applications and remote monitoring programs – help increase patient engagement and access to care, to track progress over time.