Philips diagnosis and treatment solutions spotlight at ESC
Key areas of focus for Philips at ESC across its rich portfolio of integrated cardiology solutions include:
- Philips Spectral CT 7500 for advanced cardiac imaging. Introduced in May 2021, the new Philips Spectral CT 7500 is designed to support diagnosis, especially in cardiac. The Spectral CT 7500 is built on Philips’ proven excellence in cardiac outcomes with an 8 cm detector, adding robust spectral results to exams 100% of the time delivering excellent image quality and low dose for all patient populations from bariatric to pediatric. Spectral CT 7500 is the only spectral detector solution that offers spectral data on 100% of cardiac scans, even retrospectively. Additionally, because Spectral CT 7500 is a detector based solution, it offers improved temporal resolution with spectral results for Cardiac exams. Spectral CT 7500 can provide diagnostic confidence through the use of dedicated Cardiac Spectral Results that address the challenges associated with Cardiac Imaging related to the evaluation of the myocardium due to beam hardening and assessment of Coronary Artery Disease. The Spectral CT 7500 is also a robust diagnostic scanner, designed to be a workhorse in trauma and general radiology environments. Early users have seen a demonstrated 34% reduction in time to diagnosis , a 25% reduction in repeat scans and a 30% reduction in follow-up scans . This latest intelligent system delivers high quality spectral images for every patient on every scan 100% of the time to help improve disease characterization, and reduce rescans and follow-ups, all at the same dose levels as conventional scans. The time-saving spectral workflow is fully integrated, enabling the technologist to get the patient on and off the table quickly, with spectral chest scans.
- Innovations in ultrasound enhances clinical efficiency and diagnostic confidence. Philips will demonstrate new echo imaging, quantification, and tele-health technologies that can help improve clinical confidence, automate repetitive tasks, and remotely and securely connect clinicians and patients. Philips brings together the EPIQ CVx and Affiniti CVx ultrasound platforms, TOMTEC advanced analysis, Collaboration Live remote decision support and Philips multi-modality image and information management solutions (IntelliSpace Cardiovascular) in an end-to-end workflow, for a fully integrated experience in echocardiography. Philips integrates automated quantification features including 3D Auto MV, 3D Auto RV, 3D Auto LAA, and the AutoStrain suite of tools for robust and reproducible measurements, to confidently treat a patient before, during and following any treatment plan.
- Clinical confidence in Philips MR Cardiac Imaging. In order to make cardiac MR more accessible and improving cardiac care, Philips is enabling fast and easy cardiac MR examination. Philips' integrated MR solutions include the ultra-fast early diagnosis of heart failure with SENC and MyoStrain (by Myocardial Solutions)  and the Ingenia Ambition 1.5T helium-free scanner, offering personalized cardiac MR to support more confident diagnosis and improve patient and staff experience.
- Advanced visualization with IntelliSpace Portal 12. First-time-right, intelligent, and quantitative clinical insights and analysis delivered in an automated way, designed to support image diagnostic confidence, while still reducing time to report through optimized workflows and results automation. IntelliSpace Portal 12 is a scalable image post-processing platform seamlessly integrated within the enterprise. It can help Accelerate Advanced visualization workflow across multiple clinical domains including completing the Cardiac MRI functional analysis in less than 5 minutes .
- Multi-modality image and information management solution. Philips IntelliSpace Cardiovascular, ranked #1 in Best in KLAS 2020 Awards, is designed to help streamline workflow and improve operational performance throughout the cardiovascular care pathway.
- Improved workflow and patient focus in image guided procedures. Philips will demonstrate the integration of its Interventional Hemodynamic System and market-leading portable Patient Monitor IntelliVue X3, providing advanced hemodynamic (blood flow) measurements at the tableside in the cath lab and continuous monitoring of key vital signs throughout the patient journey . The integration provides the opportunity for monitoring during image-guided procedures on the Philips Image Guided Therapy System – Azurion, improving workflow with comprehensive patient records that support timely clinical decision-making during interventional cardiology procedures and beyond. Philips also recently announced the first minimally-invasive heart procedure using its new real-time 3D intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) catheter . Used together with Philips Premium Cardiology Ultrasound System, EPIQ CVx, the real-time 3D Philips Intracardiac Echocardiography Catheter – VeriSight Pro – offers superior 2D and 3D live image guidance for a wide range of procedures in structural heart disease and electrophysiology, allowing interventionalists to navigate procedures with ease, provide superior care, and optimize cath lab performance.
- Live Image Guidance with Philips EchoNavigator, interventional tool. EchoNavigator automatically fuses live 3D TEE and live X-ray in real time for intuitive guidance during structural heart disease procedures.
- Ambient Experience. With more than 2,000 installs worldwide, Philips Ambient Experience integrates architecture, design and enabling technologies, such as dynamic lighting, video projections and sound, to allow patients and staff to personalize their environment to create a relaxing atmosphere during MRI exams. Ambient Experience is proven to help improve efficiency with higher patient throughput and predictability, and significantly reducing the need for retakes and rescans.
- Philips cardiology informatics solutions drive actionable insights to enhance cardiology care. As the amount of cardiac data continues to grow, clinicians need access to actionable and accurate data to help make the right diagnosis at the right time in the right place. Philips brings together comprehensive and meaningful data at each point in the cardiovascular care journey for cross discipline collaboration and access to actionable data and advanced clinical applications via a single solution. Philips cardiology informatics solutions, smart intelligent algorithms and predictive analytics work seamlessly to help optimize patient throughput.