Activities at this location?
In Cambridge, MA, Philips Research Americas is now a part of our multi-disciplinary innovation center (Philips Cambridge Innovation Labs), including functions such as Design, Strategy and Business Development, Strategic Marketing, Intellectual Properties and Standards, our Digital Accelerator, and innovation functions from the Philips businesses.
The Research laboratory contributes to the global programs in the fields of HealthTech. Research is focused on the areas of Acute Care Solutions (ACS), Ultrasound Imaging and Interventions (UII) and Clinical Informatics, Solutions and Services (CISS).
Our multi-disciplinary teams collaborate with leading academic partners and customers to create meaningful innovations – from unmet needs, systematic explorations, creative ideas, to first-of-a-kind proofs of concepts. We aim at game changers that have the potential to radically improve outcomes and cost in healthcare.
Most important research topics?
- Clinical informatics, machine learning, bioinformatics.
- Medical ultrasound, interventional guidance, planning, and assessment.
- Co-creation and clinical partners in the Clinical Sites Research Program.
Partners we work with?
We partner with numerous organizations:
- Strategic government organizations include the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Energy (DOE) and others.
- Academic partners include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Columbia University, Yale University and many others.
- One of the largest collaborative programs is Philips Clinical Sites Research Program, which consists of research partnerships with more than 30 clinical sites in North America.