Philips has published data on its 2014 sustainability activities as part of its integrated annual report, covering its financial, social and environmental performance.
The company announced that it made solid progress in its EcoVision program which sets sustainability performance targets for the end of 2015.
Highlights of the year include:
- Green Product sales increased to EUR 11.1 billion in 2014, representing 52% of total sales.
- Invested €463m in Green Innovation dedicated to addressing global challenges related to care, materials and energy efficiency. Philips achieved its EUR 2 billion Green Innovation EcoVision program investment target a year ahead of time.
- Improved the lives of 1.9 billion a year in 2014.
- Expanded its efforts in circular economy and opened a new refurbishment center for medical imaging systems in Best, The Netherlands.
- Incorporated circular economy thinking into their products and launched the SENSEO® Up coffee machine, which effectively incorporates 13% of recycled plastics into its product design.
- Included 13,000 tons of recycled content in its products by focusing on the material streams plastics, aluminium, refurbished products, and spare parts harvesting.
- Recognized as industry leader in the 2014 Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), scoring an “A” for performance.
The Philips 2014 sustainability update is an integral part of the Philips 2014 Annual Report, available at: http://www.2014.annualreport.philips.com