Philips Research is a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology and service propositions for innovation in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof-of-concept and first-of-a-kind service and product development.
The main goal of this internship assignment is to assess what drives the value of data and to explore how this can be built into innovative business models and pricing strategies. The value of data can be influenced by many factors including the type of data, the volume, its rarity, associated legal requirements, ethical boundaries, and the quality of data. Through many of Philips’ product and service offerings and in research collaborations, a large amount of data is gathered. By assessing the value behind data, we can explore business models for how to support reuse of data for innovative research and business model development. This assignment will be based on two to three use cases in Philips Research. You will be working in a dedicated team focusing on population health and data governance, and will have your own business assignment.
- Identification and assessment of the key factors that drive and constrain the value of data
- Overview of best industry practices for health data, in comparison with best practices from other industries
- Final report outlining recommendations for potential business models that take the value of data into account as a potential piece of the value proposition and business case
- We are looking for a highly motivated and independent Business Master’s student, who is interested in service innovation, value propositions, and new business development.
- Business Master’s student
- Background, knowledge or interest in legal aspects is a plus
- Background, knowledge or interest in economic aspects is a plus
- Experience in quantitative assessments
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills required
- The duration of the internship will be between 6-8 months
- Location of the internship is at Philips Research on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Start date beginning as soon as possible
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume, motivation letter, and grades to Jevita Poer (email@example.com) and Marcel Dirkes (firstname.lastname@example.org).